Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now this is a fish I could be interested in...

3 posters

Go down

Now this is a fish I could be interested in... Empty Now this is a fish I could be interested in...

Post by Sbenson11 Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Now this is a fish I could be interested in... Empty Re: Now this is a fish I could be interested in...

Post by alexmtl Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Those are nice Koi Swords. Not sure if it is exactly what they look like from the seller, but these are very nice fish. Jay0173 has Koi Swords in the latest video of his 55g.

Steve, have you come to your senses and are now considering livebearers ?
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Now this is a fish I could be interested in... Empty Re: Now this is a fish I could be interested in...

Post by Biulu Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:00 pm

I am sure it is only because they have the word 'koi' in their name!  Laughing What about some koi angels, Steve?!
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:24 pm

alexmtl wrote:Those are nice Koi Swords. Not sure if it is exactly what they look like from the seller, but these are very nice fish. Jay0173 has Koi Swords in the latest video of his 55g.

Steve, have you come to your senses and are now considering livebearers ?

Lets just say it might be on the list, not yet but it might be.

Steve

Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 pm

I would give you a brand new Hydor 300W heater if you set up an aquarium full of livebearers and snails. I will pay the postage, you just take the comments.
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Biulu wrote:I am sure it is only because they have the word 'koi' in their name!  Laughing What about some koi angels, Steve?!

That and the coloration, which is certainly reminiscent of the beasts that hang out in my back yard during the summer.

Koi Angels?

Ya, I always find that annoying when they show up in a search on Kijiji when I'm searching for real fish.  Shocked 

Actually it's wife's favorite fish,

Funny you should mention that, I was staring at some salvaged glass recently and contemplating making her a Hexagon shaped tank out of it for some Angels. Would the swords be ok with with angel fish or would they end up as lunch?

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:37 pm

alexmtl wrote:I would give you a brand new Hydor 300W heater if you set up an aquarium full of livebearers and snails. I will pay the postage, you just take the comments.

So tempting, but it would go against everything I have built my reputation on.  Very Happy 

I do have a few shells in my tanks that may have belonged to snails some time ago, before I boiled them out that is.  Shocked Found them on the beach in Florida a few years ago after a storm. Unfortunate for them they still had someone living in them. I just couldn't let those beautiful shells go to waste, so I cooked them and hooked out their remains. They kind of reminded me of mussels when they were cooked.

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Sbenson11 wrote:So tempting, but it would go against everything I have built my reputation on.  Very Happy
Steve

Well, just to be exact, these have to live livebearers and live snails... and you have to post pictures  Very Happy 
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down