Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aquabid.com?

+2
sailfinja
JanesAddiction
6 posters

Go down

Aquabid.com? Empty Aquabid.com?

Post by JanesAddiction Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:34 am

I couldn't seem to figure out where to post this so here it is...
Has anyone else ever used Aquabid.com? I joined a few days ago and most sellers don't sell to Canada, there are a few that do...Have you used it? Have you bought? What was your experience? Do you have any suggestions of Canadian sites that sell? And aren't overly priced? Not getting anything else right now but would like to "window shop" and I can't go to the lps daily to do that nor will the give me a job Sad Sheesh whats a girl gotta do to see more fish? lol bounce
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Aquabid.com? Empty Re: Aquabid.com?

Post by sailfinja Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:40 am

I have gotten fish from Select Aquatics they are in Colarado. They have some interesting livebearers, you can check their website. Obviously they won't ship this time of year, but they do ship to Canada
sailfinja
sailfinja
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:32 am

I am a Canadian seller on Aquabid but this time of year is too cold to ship out anything. During the warmer months I will have fish and sometimes plants on Aquabid. There are not many Canadian sellers on there but there are a few here and there from different places in the country. There is a Canadian auction site on a smaller scale that we use but again nothing is listed as it is too cold to ship anything. But come spring listings will start being posted on this site as well from me and others. Link is below

http://www.canadianaquariumconnection.com/cac/index.php
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:40 am

I was on another website the other night reading reviews about their products as well...I believe that is the site that ships with ice or heat packs depending on time of year...will look back into it and post the site here. However, I won't be purchasing anything other than a bigger tank anytime soon. I have 2 red tailed black sharks and an algae eater (the length of a hand) coming...with a 15g Sad Feel so bad for these guys but I will get them a proper home as soon as I can!
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:53 am

Alphaprobreeders.com they only ship supplies Internationally and shrimp to Canada though.
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryE Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:21 am

I am wary of international shipping, as if things get hung up at the border, you lose fish. Plus, you can be hit with unexpected brokerage fees if they use the private couriers. UPS hit me with $30+ in customs on $28 worth of duty free items one time.
I do order a lot of my killies on aquabid, but as eggs. That's easy, as they travel better than fish, and they go by regular mail.

With our low dollar, the shipping costs and the brokerage costs, I have lost a lot of interest in buying from the US these days.
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:50 am

Exactly...from the reviews I was reading on AlphaProBreeders they are amazing at shipping and replacement and have an amazing selection as well as listed prices (what are the non listed prices?) on snails (You know the ones Gary? lol) Sorry but that is mainly what I am looking for...would like a couple of "odd" ones since lps only carries Black, Gold and White (which looks like Gold if you ask me) Apple (well they call them Mystery) Snails. However...I now need a 55g plus for the new arrivals...PetSmart has a 60g with stand for $320...reg $400...gotta hold off until the 20th though...unless kijiji comes through with something cheaper! Does we have any actual "Snail people" here? Other than Gary and me...and I mean my Gary (Black snail) lol

Last edited by JanesAddiction on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:57 am

I used to have apple snails and sold quite a few including purple ones. Then I travelled and I lost them all.
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:22 am

I WANT PURPLE! lol sorry...purple is my favorite one! I saw a Black one but it was not like my "black". It was Black like black should be...mine is more of a Dark Gold/Black/Brown color... I do however have 5 tiny babies growing that hitch hiked in on the Water Wisteria that I purchased 2 weeks ago and my 2 adult snails have pretty much eaten all of. lol
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryE Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:31 am

Over the past couple of shipping seasons, I have seen a lot of weird snails on Canadaquaria. I have snorted, scoffed and cursed quietly under my breath at people selling such beasts, but I've seen them on offer.
Shipping season for me is when nights at both ends are above 10c. That put us anywhere from April to early May. When temperatures go above 26, bad things happen as well. So I try to limit my shipping to April to June, and later August to October.
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:36 am

I am pretty sure that at some point I will end up with a snail only tank...they actually are really amazing to watch...yes...they are snails as I can hear you as well as my bf scoffing at me! lol
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:18 pm

guppyguy wrote:I am a Canadian seller on Aquabid but this time of year is too cold to ship out anything. During the warmer months I will have fish and sometimes plants on Aquabid. There are not many Canadian sellers on there but there are a few here and there from different places in the country. There is a Canadian auction site on a smaller scale that we use but again nothing is listed as it is too cold to ship anything. But come spring listings will start being posted on this site as well from me and others. Link is below

http://www.canadianaquariumconnection.com/cac/index.php

Agreed with Guppyguy.

CAC is a great place when the weather warms up to see some more shipping of aquarium plants and fish.
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

https://www.canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum