Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!!

+2
GaryE
nyleveiam
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!! - Page 2 Empty Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!!

Post by nyleveiam Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

ARTICLE of the Month : OCTOBER 2015

Wow, I was changing water this afternoon and noticed something moving in the Kribs cave.  I assumed it was just floating duckweed until Papa came out and the duckweed followed him!!
Gary, I got them two months ago, exactly, and honestly never figured to see any babies at all, but... you WERE RIGHT again, I CAN breed Kribs!!!!!
There are about 25.  Anyone care to guess how old they might be?  And, what do I feed them and do I leave Dad and Mom right there with them???  My first egg layer babies!!!!!!!!!!!

Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!! - Page 2 Img_1910

Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!! - Page 2 Img_1911

Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!! - Page 2 Img_1912
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!!

Post by Biulu Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:28 pm

nyleveiam wrote:yeah, I do worry about that!!!  Do they have birth control for fish????  I was wondering what I was going to do with the fifteen still surviving last night!

Take them to a club auction? Ask a local store to take them for store credit?
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!!

Post by CAAIndie Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:15 pm

How are the parents getting along now? End up with more fry? I agree with Biulu, I would suggest chatting with a local club or heading to a few fish stores and seeing if they would be willing to accept some (for store credit if you are lucky).
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

https://www.canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by nyleveiam Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Well, I noticed two things this week...one is the babies swimming throughout the entire tank and, the scary thing is that both parents are in breeding colors again!
So, I guess it's time to talk to my lfs. No fish clubs anywhere around here, sadly, so that won't help. And, since my lfs breeds their own that might not help too much. We shall see.
But...someone else did tell me they are bringing me a thirty gallon tank with everything so that might help.
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:13 pm

nyleveiam wrote:Well, I noticed two things this week...one is the babies swimming throughout the entire tank and, the scary thing is that both parents are in breeding colors again!
So, I guess it's time to talk to my lfs.  No fish clubs anywhere around here, sadly, so that won't help.  And, since my lfs breeds their own that might not help too much.  We shall see.  
But...someone else did tell me they are bringing me a thirty gallon tank with everything so that might help.  

Ooo. A new thirty gallon. Other than kribs babies... any ideas on what you will do with it?
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

https://www.canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by nyleveiam Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:52 am

Babies are now young adults.  Red color is showing up on about half of them and some yellow as well.  
Mom and Pop are in breeding colors again and i wouldn't be surprised if there are already eggs in the cave.
Babies are all over the tank, really hard to count but there are at least twelve.  
All in all, it's been an exciting experience.  Wonderful example of parenting by both parents, especially after having live bearers.

Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!! - Page 2 Img_2210

Article of the Month : OCTOBER 2015 : Krib babies!!!! - Page 2 Img_2211
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Great job nyleveiam,

This is so rewarding !
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2