Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something weird in my tank

2 posters

Go down

Something weird in my tank Empty Something weird in my tank

Post by FreshFish Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:58 am

Hello, I am new to this. Just set up a fresh water 10 gallon tank almost two weeks ago (plan to go larger once I get the hang of it) I just put 4 platies in about 5 days ago. There is something weird at the bottom of my tank and I was wondering if anyone can help identify it. The best way I can discribe it is to compare it to the white fluffy stuff that floats in the air during the summer except in the tank its down on the bottom. In two corners, by the air stone at the back and front corner by deco. (Its not just one, I'm seeing a small custer of the stuff) The plants I have in there is Amazon sword and hornwort.

FreshFish
Fish Fry
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down

Something weird in my tank Empty Re: Something weird in my tank

Post by alexmtl Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi FreshFish welcome to the pond!

Needless to say, all of your platies have been accounted for, so it is not a dead fish. I assume that you only have gravel (store bought) and that it was cleaned before you put it into the tank. If you feed flake food, large clumps of leftovers will grow fungus or bacteria blooms on the decaying matter.

Aside from you posting a picture, this is difficult to diagnoses without a visual.
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Something weird in my tank Empty Re: Something weird in my tank

Post by FreshFish Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:28 am

I'm using substrate but it was a cloudy mess for awhile.
I didn't think about unfinished food, perhaps I overfed and it grew into a science experiment.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

FreshFish
Fish Fry
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down