Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An interesting article on the world's most expensive fish

4 posters

Go down

An interesting article on the world's most expensive fish Empty An interesting article on the world's most expensive fish

Post by alexmtl Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:06 pm

An interesting article on the world's most expensive fish

I came across an article on arowana. It's old but interesting, about an exclusive market that sells prize fish. I can't seem to understand the culture behind the "dragon fish" but I can relate to the obsession of keeping animals of great beauty.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/07/dragon-fish-most-expensive-arowana-emily-voigt/

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/cosmetic-surgery-for-a-pet-fish-in-singapore-this-one-is-emperor-of-the-tank

alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

An interesting article on the world's most expensive fish Empty Re: An interesting article on the world's most expensive fish

Post by Sbenson11 Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Interesting article and cool fish for sure. I have considered an Arowana tank in the past but never pulled the trigger on the idea. Part of my obsession for large fish I guess.

However I will challenge the "World's most expensive fish" claim. To purchase a Koi that is a "All Japan Grand Champion" will run you north of 7 figures US. Most times they won't ever release the sale price. The most expensive one that the price is know sold for 2.2 million US.

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

An interesting article on the world's most expensive fish Empty Re: An interesting article on the world's most expensive fish

Post by Fores41 Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:32 pm

I was wondering about that if Koi had the bigger price tag. 2.2 Mill ouch that is a lot to pay for 1 fish. Only good thing is it may out live you.
Fores41
Fores41
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by l_l_l Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Ahh the Arowana!
I have seen a documentary about the blackmarket of these and breeders in Asia that are really wanting to stay anonymous due to how prized they are.
l_l_l
l_l_l

http://dviau.com

Back to top Go down