Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curious about filtering my 125g tank

3 posters

Go down

Curious about filtering my 125g tank Empty Curious about filtering my 125g tank

Post by Sandman1969 Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:24 am

Since this has been running for almost a month now, I have noticed that the Aquaclear 500 doesn't get dirty at all. No buildup of any sort.
So I am wondering if the API XP3 is doing all the needed work & the 2 HOBs aren't doing much at all?
I have the AC500 at one end while the Fluval C4 is on the opposite end. Both intake tubes go down about the same distance into the tank, about half way down. The intake for the XP3 is on the same end as the C4.
On the C4, the little padding on it's trickle chamber is slowly turning brown.

So I need to know if the XP3 is enough for this tank that is home currently to a Koi, a fantailed goldfish & an ID shark. I do plan on eventually moving a large female pleco to this tank.

Sandman1969
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Curious about filtering my 125g tank Empty Re: Curious about filtering my 125g tank

Post by vince0 Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:18 am

keep the extra filtration, it may not seem to doing much now but you have a poop machine in there and you are adding another. The biological filtration is working, that is all you should be worried about.

I personally clean my filters twice a year. Usually when I see a decrease in flow...
vince0
vince0
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Curious about filtering my 125g tank Empty Re: Curious about filtering my 125g tank

Post by Biulu Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:20 am

The brownish stuff on the padding is an algae, nothing to worry about. I get that too with the few HOBs I use.
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down