Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Even in lock-down you can still mail-order fish

2 posters

Go down

Even in lock-down you can still mail-order fish Empty Even in lock-down you can still mail-order fish

Post by alexmtl Fri May 15, 2020 6:26 am

Even in lock-down you can still mail-order fish

Many of us have been in a state of paralysis for at least 6 weeks now (or more). While our world is a little out of sorts (understatement) we can move on, while still being safe and protecting ourselves and others (public service announcement).

It is May and most aquarium hobbyists are thinking of the summer months, outdoors and vacations (in the normal world). Now many have turned to online activities and home based hobbies, like, aquariums. Getting the old 20 gallon out from the storage shed and rebooting days of past glory. Some of us have aquariums going year long and now, more time to spend cleaning, water changes, clipping plants, maybe even, cringe, raising koi. What is the world coming to? Really it is a great time to rekindle interest and have a great inner sanctum, feng shui, mini world that we can control. All this from an aquarium?? Absolutely.

We may not be able to physically go to the LFS (local fish store) but there are online sites that you can easily and reliably access to get your next finny friends from. Even plants (live) would be a great addition to that glass bowl. Ordering online is pretty easy, and if you order, delivery (sounds like weekly groceries), is usually one to three days depending on your location.

Check out some online sites. I've ordered some fish this week, it is not too hot to ship fish and the orders usually ship Mondays. Heck, I even ordered some... snails. I'll post my unboxing when I get the order in. What about you? Have you ordered your fish online yet??
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Even in lock-down you can still mail-order fish Empty Re: Even in lock-down you can still mail-order fish

Post by GaryE Sat May 16, 2020 1:48 pm

I'm busily negotiating buying killifish eggs. I hope to get some from Toronto to Montreal in about two weeks.
It's a bit like ordering seeds from a catalogue - I can raise them all Spring and Summer, and they'll bloom into great colours in the Fall.
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Even in lock-down you can still mail-order fish Empty Re: Even in lock-down you can still mail-order fish

Post by alexmtl Sat May 16, 2020 9:40 pm

Oh my, I've been able to incant the aquarium god @GaryE

Hope you are well my friend. It's been too long and you always will have the exalted status, aka Yoda in Star Wars as keeper of true knowledge.

Be well my friend. Peace
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Sat May 16, 2020 9:43 pm

@GaryE as Yoda Aquarium Temple Master,

@Sbenson11 as Han Solo Aquarium
@CAAIndie as Luke Gravelwalker
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryE Sun May 17, 2020 5:46 am

Jabba here. How's going?
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down