Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my sali fin mollies my guppies so many babies but how do i change the water?

3 posters

Go down

my sali fin mollies my guppies so many babies but how do i change the water? Empty my sali fin mollies my guppies so many babies but how do i change the water?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:57 pm

my guppy tank and molly is filled with tiny baby but i need to water change them both

How do i do it without dumping the  babies in the sink ???

Back to top Go down

my sali fin mollies my guppies so many babies but how do i change the water? Empty Re: my sali fin mollies my guppies so many babies but how do i change the water?

Post by fish lady Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:17 pm

do you have a gravel cleaner if so you can put pantyhose on it to stop them from being sucked up
fish lady
fish lady
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

my sali fin mollies my guppies so many babies but how do i change the water? Empty Re: my sali fin mollies my guppies so many babies but how do i change the water?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:20 pm

yeah its just so big though i was hoping another way

Back to top Go down

Post by fish lady Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Fill bucket with a smaller white container so you can see if you got any fry
fish lady
fish lady
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Bucket should be white? They so tiny hard to see

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryE Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:13 pm

Scoop and pour the water through a net, then return any caught babies. Repeat. It's tedious, but it works. Or, if you are patient, use a very narrow siphon and take your time.
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:40 pm

I use an air stone with an airline attached. Guaranteed nothing passes through that! I position the airstone at the height until where I want to siphon off the water. Then I go and take a coffee....
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down