Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sagittaria Platyphylla (Broad Leaf Sagittaria)

2 posters

Go down

Sagittaria Platyphylla (Broad Leaf Sagittaria) Empty Sagittaria Platyphylla (Broad Leaf Sagittaria)

Post by guppyguy Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:54 pm

It is a slow growing plant and looks good planted in bunches or singly in the mid-ground to provide contrast with substrate, rocks, driftwood, and other plants.
For good growth, this plant requires a moderate level of light at 2 to 3 watts per gallon with full spectrum (5000-7000K) bulbs. Broad Leaf Sag benefits from CO2 supplementation, and substrate and iron-rich fertilizer. The more nutrients it absorbs, the more intense its green coloration will become. Propagation occurs through runners set out by the plant. I have included 2 pictures. The first show picture shows what the plant look like growing above the water as this plant was just recently submerged. The immersed growth leaves will fall off and new much narrower leaves will grow in as show in second picture.  Cool 

Search for other Medium Light Plants species using the hash tag link #MediumLightPlants
Sagittaria Platyphylla (Broad Leaf Sagittaria) 2014-010

Last edited by guppyguy on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Sagittaria Platyphylla (Broad Leaf Sagittaria) Empty Re: Sagittaria Platyphylla (Broad Leaf Sagittaria)

Post by Biulu Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:12 pm

For me this plant is another root feeder. They also like current. Mine did very well under low light (a bit above 1 WpG) but with fertiliser.
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Sagittaria Platyphylla (Broad Leaf Sagittaria) Empty Re: Sagittaria Platyphylla (Broad Leaf Sagittaria)

Post by guppyguy Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Biulu wrote:For me this plant is another root feeder. They also like current. Mine did very well under low light (a bit above 1 WpG) but with fertiliser.

Yes definitely a root feeder and appreciate a rich substrate. Mature plant can have quite a root system on it.
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down