Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The worst sound to ever hear in your fishroom

4 posters

Go down

The worst sound to ever hear in your fishroom Empty The worst sound to ever hear in your fishroom

Post by JanesAddiction Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Does anybody know what that sound could be?? I just heard it and panic city happened!!! What's the sound? CRACK!!!! Yep!!! One of my 10g bare bottom fry tanks just split a seal! Not sure exactly where but was thinking of replacing that tank anyway as it was in rough shape. I had 2 batches of guppy fry and a batch of BN Pleco fry in there...rush to catch all of them! lol
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

The worst sound to ever hear in your fishroom Empty Re: The worst sound to ever hear in your fishroom

Post by GaryE Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:17 am

Crack is a bad sound. Sploosh is another. The sound of a filter running with no water is a third....

I have had a few tank failures, but they are extremely rare. Bad luck there. At least it was only a ten....
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

The worst sound to ever hear in your fishroom Empty Re: The worst sound to ever hear in your fishroom

Post by JanesAddiction Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:20 am

Exactly!!! And, I was standing right there when it happened. In a way...this is an excellent time...I had no lid for a 10g (Well, I do but using it on a 20g at this time). A new canopy will cost me $47 or a new 10g at PetSmart is $15 right now!!! I think I am just gonna buy a new tank and look for a new lid for my 20g, as I can get glass ones for $20.
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fish lady Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:28 am

Not a good day at all
fish lady
fish lady
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:47 am

Nope it wasn't! 11:30P last night and I had to be up to work at 5 this morning...I just woke up again. Had to have a nap after work lol

JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:50 am

$18 and I have a brand new 10g that will use the lid that I have on my 20g. Gonna divide it and all that before I decide to try and move the fish back.
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:09 am

Tank all set up and 1 batch of guppies back in. Something I realized I (unknowingly) learned from this forum...When the tank cracked, I didn't shut my filters down, I just moved them over to the other 10g fry tank and left them running...I am sure this was a positive move! I am having a harder time with the other batch as they are close in size to the batch I put them in with. I also have a batch being dropped in a 5g at this time but not yet sure which one it is Smile
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Twice in 1 week, not even!!! I am not sure if this time is a leaky tank or a dirty filter. I have it drained and the bottom drying as well as the filter is all cleaned and seems to be not leaking. Gonna soon put it back on it's table and fill it again without the filter to see if it is a leaky seal. I sure hope not! I can't afford another tank right now and I have a fish that needs to live in this tank for now!!!
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Seems as though it was just a dirty filter. Tank back up and running and no water flowing across my floor Smile
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fores41 Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Hey in an emergency those Plastic tote's will work the ones for about $6-10.00. you can also get Aquarium safe Silicone at Home Hardware for about $4.75 always good to keep on hand for emergencies and making new plastic plant set-ups etc.
Glad to hear all is well so far though.
Fores41
Fores41
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:25 am

I actually do have a tube of Marineland Aquarium sealant that I always keep on hand Smile However, the 10g that actually was leaking is in rough shape with no hood so I think I will get rid of it since I got a new 10g that has a hood. The inside rim of the leaky 1 is pretty chewed up...but what can I say for a free tank?!?!? The plastic totes, I never thought of but I have a few kicking around here in case this happens again.
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fish lady Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:45 pm

send me the leaky one lol
fish lady
fish lady
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:14 pm

I was thinking I may do that! Gotta find a decent box to ship it in! lol
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down