Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I really need help .think this is bad!

2 posters

Go down

I really need help .think this is bad! Empty I really need help .think this is bad!

Post by Dee Sydney Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:04 pm

I have a 40 gallon tank (still cycling .ammonia @0.25) after 3 weeks .I have 2 mature angels and 2 gouramis in Thére and a polyetherus(berchir) that i bad no choice but to To put Thére for now. Now today i changed some décorations in the tank and when taking thé décorations out .i could smell a foul egg /sulfur odor ...the declorinator i use already has à sulfur smell To it. Can it be that? Also i have a brand new (sicce seachem tidal 55 filter )on Thére and it indicates that thé filter is full after only 3 weeks .so i open lid of filter To find black looking guck on my biobag..what can this be? And is Thére a way to get rid of the smell?? I also realized that my live plants are full of dark brown dots .can it be from the filter?

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

I really need help .think this is bad! Empty Re: I really need help .think this is bad!

Post by Fores41 Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:54 pm

I would start with a water changes 25-30% a day for the next few days. Maybe some one else will have some ideas. Oh and vacuum your gravel to get rid of old food and excrement etc.
Fores41
Fores41
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum