Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filter suggestions

5 posters

Go down

Filter suggestions  Empty Filter suggestions

Post by Elyse Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:32 am

What would you recommend for. 55 gallon fresh water tank that is reasonable priced? The current filter I have has had the water flow slow down drastically about 2 weeks After I put a new filter in. So I am thinking it will need to be replaced soon.

Elyse
Fish Fry
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down

Filter suggestions  Empty Re: Filter suggestions

Post by Biulu Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:28 pm

What kind of filter did you put in? If it is a sponge, just rinse it in tank water and your flow should be back to normal.
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Fores41 Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:07 pm

If it is mechanical, usually just rinse filter with old tank water from water change and maybe take magnet with impeller out and give a good rinse to the housing  of the filter and put back together and your good to go. (Use vinegar if mineral deposits are building up and rinse with clean water 2-3x put filter back together). The water in your area has a fair bit of calcium in it if I remember right.
Fores41
Fores41
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Sydney Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Têtra sucks get aqua clear brand filter

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Skim Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:07 am

What kind of set up? Planted or just fish? What kind of fish and how many. Picking a filter and filter type is not just, oh it says its good for up 75 gal. Another factor is your feeding habits. How much and what, and the quality of food, how often. If you can post this kind of info it helps a lot when trying to give help. Even what temp. you keep it at will affect the Aquarium as a whole and the filtration. If you take your time and write down this info and post it, myself and others can help and make some suggestions.
Skim
Skim
Fish Fry
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down