Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Fertilizer revamp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fertilizer revamp

Post by The PlantGuy on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Just a note that I will be re-doing my fertilizer section over the next few weeks and adding lots of options including: Bettix double neck dosing bottles, 250ml dosing pump bottles, new packaging and a lot of information in general on my site with regard to fertilizers. The fish hobby (and planted tanks specifically) is an expensive one but this is one area where you really can implement a DIY approach and save a lot of money.  There's nothing magical about commercial aquarium plant fertilizer.  Potassium is potassium, nitrogen is nitrogen, all these elements are available to the consumer and with a little know how you can make something comparable to what you can find in a store for a fraction of the cost.

One of the areas I'm working on now is the education part.  I get emails everyday asking about fertilizer and what people should use and how to mix it.  I'm going to try to add a lot of information (most of it already out there) to my site over the next while.  One of the things I'm working on is a calculator.  If you have a chance, please take a look and let me know if there's anything you see wrong with what i have right now and any suggestions you might have.  It's a little cluttered at this point but i will clean things ups....

Fertilizer calculator
http://1drv.ms/1LYLSAC

The PlantGuy
Sponsor

http://www.theplantguy.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Fertilizer revamp

Post by Fores41 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Sounds like a great idea thank you.
Fores41
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster