Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four Leaf Clover (Marsilea quadrifolia)

+3
CAAIndie
KristaLynn
guppyguy
7 posters

Go down

Four Leaf Clover (Marsilea quadrifolia) Empty Four Leaf Clover (Marsilea quadrifolia)

Post by guppyguy Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:54 pm

Marsilea quadrifolia or Four Leaf Clover makes an excellent foreground plant for tanks with low light. Adaptable to low and bright light conditions; CO2 and nutrients encourage faster than normal growth. When submerged in the aquarium it's terrestrial stem-like form transforms into a lower substrate creeping/carpeting plant that slowly spreads through runners across the substrate. Shorter, more compact growth achieved in brighter light.

Plants that have been grown emersed will require extended adaptation period for submersed growth in the aquarium. You may consider cutting plants and removing emersed grown leaves to allow new leaf growth in aquarium; new growth will happen after a short time. Mine grew from 2 small plant bunches to growing over half the tank in just 2 months. Give it 2 more month could cover the entire tank. And I like the idea and that is the plan for this beautiful plant. I love the way it has grown over the root dirftwood. Looks so natural.  Cool 

Search for other High Light Plants species using the hash tag link #HighLightPlants
Four Leaf Clover (Marsilea quadrifolia) Dscf8610

Last edited by guppyguy on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Four Leaf Clover (Marsilea quadrifolia) Empty Re: Four Leaf Clover (Marsilea quadrifolia)

Post by KristaLynn Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:44 pm

That looks beautiful! I've killed this plant once but I wouldn't mind a second shot at it someday.
KristaLynn
KristaLynn
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Four Leaf Clover (Marsilea quadrifolia) Empty Re: Four Leaf Clover (Marsilea quadrifolia)

Post by guppyguy Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:03 pm

KristaLynn wrote:That looks beautiful!  I've killed this plant once but I wouldn't mind a second shot at it someday.

Thank you. And another one of the many beautiful plants out there.
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:32 pm

Wow. I want this, I'll search for it. I'm still in serious need of a good carpeting plant for a low light tank. I love the looks of this one.
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

https://www.canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:16 pm

CanadaAquariaAdmin wrote:Wow. I want this, I'll search for it. I'm still in serious need of a good carpeting plant for a low light tank. I love the looks of this one.

Not the easiest plant to find. At least was not for me. But yes this plant offers a very unique look to your aqua scape and very beautiful to boot.  Cool
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalotus Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:47 am

I love love love the look of this!!
cephalotus
cephalotus
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by hello_rockview12 Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:48 am

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of this plant. I've never seen it first hand before.
hello_rockview12
hello_rockview12
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:43 am

cephalotus wrote:I love love love the look of this!!

lol can clearly see this plant has got your attention. This is why I make these post. To teach a little and show about different aquarium plant species.  Smile 
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:44 am

hello_rockview12 wrote:Yeah, I'm a huge fan of this plant.  I've never seen it first hand before.

This plant is a win win with beauty and able to be a foreground plant in lower light.
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:22 am

A beautiful plant; no need to thin it out a bit?!  Twisted Evil 
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:59 am

Biulu wrote:A beautiful plant; no need to thin it out a bit?!  Twisted Evil 

I am looking to fill out the entire tank before I have any of this available.
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by KristaLynn Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:35 pm

You'll have lots of people waiting!
KristaLynn
KristaLynn
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by hello_rockview12 Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:03 pm

No kidding!
hello_rockview12
hello_rockview12
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:00 pm

KristaLynn wrote:You'll have lots of people waiting!

lol i will keep you posted guys and gals
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Mmmm, I think this plant urgently needs some trimming!  Laughing 
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Biulu wrote:Mmmm, I think this plant urgently needs some trimming!  Laughing 

Its really taking off and trimming i think will happen for first time in 2 weeks. So those interested put your request in. So we can work out trades
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:05 pm

guppyguy wrote:

Its really taking off and trimming i think will happen for first time in 2 weeks. So those interested put your request in. So we can work out trades

Me, me, me!
Btw, did you know that you can also sell through CAC? Before we had the forum and 'auction site' just in one, now the auction site is just left. Actually it is more a selling site than a real auction plus you also have the fixed price option for the first one that buys...
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Biulu wrote:
guppyguy wrote:

Me, me, me!
Btw, did you know that you can also sell through CAC? Before we had the forum and 'auction site' just in one, now the auction site is just left. Actually it is more a selling site than a real auction plus you also have the fixed price option for the first one that buys...

I think i will. Just list it in the auction when some is ready. Will be much easier. I have already registered there. thank you
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by l_l_l Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Aww I really love this plant! I would defenitely get some for my setup, I've been waiting for something like this to pop up!
I'd be willing to have some as well.
l_l_l
l_l_l

http://dviau.com

Back to top Go down