Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishy Christmas?

+7
Sbenson11
Shell
Biulu
kpoet
goldfishbetalover
alexmtl
hello_rockview12
11 posters

Go down

Fishy Christmas? Empty Fishy Christmas?

Post by hello_rockview12 Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:36 am

Did anyone receive any aquarium related gifts over the holidays this year? My family really caught wind of my interest this year (could be the 75 gallon tank in the middle of the living room!) and I found volume 1 of the Baesch Aquarium Atlas and a gift card to an LFS under the tree! I was as happy as can be!

In other news, what a great Christmas! This was the first Christmas in our new home and as such we have been entertaining for about a week now! One last gathering for new years eve and we are going into hermit mode... I'm so thankful for my girlfriend as she's a great planner and kept me on track!
hello_rockview12
hello_rockview12
Support

Back to top Go down

Fishy Christmas? Empty Re: Fishy Christmas?

Post by alexmtl Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Nice gifts rockview ! I guess the more people know about the addiction, the better chance of random aquarium related gifts. Baesch Aquarium Atlas and a LFS gift card, great score ! Merry Christmas and may your fish prosper in 2014 !
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishbetalover Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:52 pm

yes I did indeed receive a fish related gift!
My husband and children gave me a Python!!!!!
An absolutely awesome...wonderful gift!
Yes I was using a bucket...well 2 of them one clean and one dirty......
The pictures on the python look just like me and it reads do these scenes look familiar?
Shows people sucking on the end of the tube, carrying buckets with water flying all over the place etc....etc....
Our 7 yr old son also gave his dad a Siamese Fighting Fish (a betta) for Christmas....he is a lovely red color and came complete with a name....given to him by my son!
A gift for dad or himself?! mmmmmm.......
goldfishbetalover
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kpoet Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:24 pm

My husband and daughter got me an AquaVac. Just in time too, I fell and dislocated my shoulder Christmas day. I am super excited to use it and put the nasty 5 gallon buckets away!!!

kpoet
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:09 pm

For me it was the other way around; I was told I could ask for anything I wanted as long as it wasn't fish related! However, as a compensation, I will be given participation to Aquamania in Ottawa for my birthday next year!
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishbetalover Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:30 am

kpoet....happy you got your aqua vac
so sorry though to hear about your shoulder
may you heal quickly!

Biulu what?!!!!!
no fish related gifts!!!!!
goldfishbetalover
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:17 am

Well, the fish gave me a new camera for Christmas, I guess they were tired of me taking pics of them with my iPad!  Laughing I have such thoughtful finned children  Wink 
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishbetalover Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:49 am

I guess they gave her a camera!
God Love them I am sure they have been saving their chore money for ages to buy this for Shell!!!!!
She is very lucky to have such generous children let me tell you...yup...that's for sure!
goldfishbetalover
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:54 am

goldfishbetalover wrote:I guess they gave her a camera!
God Love them I am sure they have been saving their chore money for ages to buy this for Shell!!!!!
She is very lucky to have such generous children let me tell you...yup...that's for sure!

Oooh ! pictures and more pictures !! Shell is now one of those fish paparazzi  clown 
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:10 pm

goldfishbetalover wrote:
Biulu what?!!!!!
no fish related gifts!!!!!

No, on purpose until I get the sink installed in the fish closet. Until then, the maintenance, i.e. water changes are a burden when I am away so I am not given anything that could trigger directly or indirectly that would increase that workload. Plus, I think it is also to try and give me an incentive to get going with that sink!
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Fish related gifts, hmmmmm

I think I have to answer no  Shocked 

Other then the stocking we give them.

Steve

Last edited by Sbenson11 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfish Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:41 pm

No fish related gifts for me either. I did get new classic x-country skiis. I've even been out on them twice so far. My favourite and most personal gift is the tulip my son made for me in his welding shop class.
Fishy Christmas? Tulip10
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishbetalover Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:59 pm

what a lovely gift!
the tulip is very pretty!
the gifts that come from the love of our hands mean the very most
thank you for sharing!
our 4 yr old daughter attends preschool...each of the children had their photo taken and made cards to place them in, then they wrapped them up as Christmas gifts
When her gift came out from under the tree she was so excited and announced ""this one is from me and it is for the whole family" all with the widest smile upon her little face........
goldfishbetalover
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:14 pm

That's pretty cool, I'm happy to be able to burn to pieces of metal together and have them actually stay that way.

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Bina Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:22 pm

My snails got a new lightbulb :-)
Nothing else received that was tank related cuz our furnace became ill on Dec. 21 and will be pricey to replace.
Bina
Bina
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfish Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:56 pm

Sorry to hear about your furnace. That was not very considerate of it to fail at Christmas time. We had to replace ours not long ago and it really does major damage to the bank account.
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sailfinja Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:23 pm

My wife bought me a small marble mortar and pestle, to grind my fish food. The pellets I buy are too large for my livebearers so I was using a book and a lock to break the food into smaller granules. My wife said the noise made when I did this was quite annoying (like nails across a chalkboard she said). I tried it out today and it works great, no noise and no bits of food flying everywhere.
sailfinja
sailfinja
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:26 pm

I didn't get anything fish related this year. I can't believe it has been a year since I got the 26G.

I do think I'll be doing a bunch more planting, and aquascaping this coming year though.
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

https://www.canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by hello_rockview12 Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:08 am

CanadaAquariaAdmin wrote:I didn't get anything fish related this year. I can't believe it has been a year since I got the 26G.

I do think I'll be doing a bunch more planting, and aquascaping this coming year though.

Yep, it's been about a year since I decided to get back into the hobby and set up my 10G. It's also been almost a year since I joined the CAC and met all you fine folks! bounce 
hello_rockview12
hello_rockview12
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:28 am

sailfinja wrote:My wife bought me a small marble mortar and pestle, to grind my fish food. The pellets  I buy are too large for my livebearers so I was using a book and a lock to break the food into smaller granules. My wife said the noise made when I did this was quite annoying (like  nails across a chalkboard she said). I tried it out today and it works great, no noise and no bits of food flying everywhere.

What a great gift...and what a fantastic idea! I have a tough time breaking up the shrimp pellets for the cories, and I now know what to ask for when my birthday arrives!
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bina Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:16 am

Starfish wrote:Sorry to hear about your furnace. That was not very considerate of it to fail at Christmas time. We had to replace ours not long ago and it really does major damage to the bank account.
Thanks. And since we just replaced the oil tank last spring, we sort of have to go with another oil furnace....switching to propane would be too costly at this point. We will be buying a basic Brock furnace. Did you stay with oil ?
Bina
Bina
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfish Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Bina wrote:
Starfish wrote:Sorry to hear about your furnace. That was not very considerate of it to fail at Christmas time. We had to replace ours not long ago and it really does major damage to the bank account.
Thanks. And since we just replaced the oil tank last spring, we sort of have to go with another oil furnace....switching to propane would be too costly at this point. We will be buying a basic Brock furnace. Did you stay with oil ?

We switched from oil to propane. My hubby would like to have gone with natural gas, but there are no lines as far as our house. The oil was getting too expensive and dirty to burn. The switch to propane was expensive, but the savings over oil is making up for it.
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down