Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

black moore turning gold in color

4 posters

Go down

black moore turning gold in  color  Empty black moore turning gold in color

Post by goldfishbetalover Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi Folks...we realize it has been quite some time since we have posted anything... my sister has encouraged me to do so...  our black moore Oscar is showing signs of slowing
down, but recently he has been upside down, not able to swim, turning gold. But, yet is still attempting to find food when put freely into the tank. Oscar is currently living in a 30 gallon tank all by himself. He was originally in 75 gallon, at least one year ago, though he was bullied by other fish and had to be relocated in other 30 gallon tank. Thank you for any help you might be willing to send.

Sincerely, with the greatest of thanks:

Oscars mom.

PS: we have had oscar for over 6 yrs.
goldfishbetalover
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

black moore turning gold in  color  Empty Re: black moore turning gold in color

Post by alexmtl Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:59 pm

goldfishbetalover wrote:Hi Folks...we realize it has been quite some time since we have posted anything.

Welcome back goldfishbetalover. It is good to see your name pop up. I cannot speak with any wisdom for what is happening but that is a long lived fish by most standards in the hobby considering most give up on fish after a couple of years. So it is comforting to know that you have given the best and shared the best with your much loved fin friends. I hope that Oscar gets through this with the kind advice from your friends on the forum.
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:29 am

Sorry to hear Oscar is not doing well,

As far as the color change is concerned, it's just a natural part of aging for him. It can be accelerated in warmer water. Goldfish and Koi like cooler water and their colors are the brightest in cooler water. This is why Koi competitions are held in the winter, their colors are brighter.

Anyway back to Oscar,

While 6 years is certainly not real old for a fancy goldfish, it is getting up there. Not saying this is the beginning of the end for him. As these types of goldfish can sometimes go through periods of swim bladder issues and recover. Unfortunately as time goes by this will become the norm for him.

It is an issue very common with goldfish that have round type bodies. It is a cruel joke that breeding has done for these fish and the main reason I don't keep fancy goldfish anymore.

Sorry I don't have a magic cure to suggest.

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishbetalover Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:44 am

thnx Steve....hard to see him like this...will do another water change today...he is sitting on the bottom now...still breathing
goldfishbetalover
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 am

So sorry to hear this! I have been able to turn around the faith of gold fish like these by purging them with peas. If it is really a swimbladder issue, this won't work but if he is constipated, it will.
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down