Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fave fish "personality"?

2 posters

Go down

fave fish "personality"? Empty fave fish "personality"?

Post by cephalotus Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 am

I have had my CPDs and cories for a week now and am finding myself getting much more enjoyment out of the cories' antics. The danios are so skittish. It is neat/rewarding to sit still and watch them slowly swim more boldly as they get used to having an observer present. But the cories are just so much more fun and interactive with their environment. If/when I expand my fish collection and start a new tank, I'd like to focus on fish personality rather than looks.

I know that it largely depends on personal preference and experience, as well as variation in individual fish, but what are some of your favorite fish personality-wise and why? From a quick internet search for "fish with personality", cories, dwarf puffers, gourami, cichlids, betta, and goldfish seem to be most often listed.
cephalotus
cephalotus
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

fave fish "personality"? Empty Re: fave fish "personality"?

Post by Starfish Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:41 am

I had a pair of zipper loaches that I used to enjoy watching cavorting around. They would swim and twist around each other, especially when the food went in the tank.

My flying foxes are also fun to watch. They will glide around the tank, stopping to perch on a high rock or flat leaf, look around like they owned the place and dart off again.
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down