Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It was only a matter of time

4 posters

Go down

It was only a matter of time Empty It was only a matter of time

Post by JanesAddiction Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:47 pm

As most know I obtained a couple of red tailed black sharks and a common pleco in a 12.88g tank a month or so ago. I have been looking for a larger tank but not much in my price range cause really...I am a broke single mom...I did find one for $75 but it is gone...now I see another with stand for $100 that just needs a filter...I also see a filter that would work for the tank for $30...and guess what?!?!?! I just did my taxes...hmmmm...posted on a couple of fb groups also so I should have that bigger tank very soon Smile
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

It was only a matter of time Empty Re: It was only a matter of time

Post by JanesAddiction Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:29 am

It was only a matter of time 11071010
Pretty sure this will be the new shark/pleco tank!!! Dang good price for it Smile
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by l_l_l Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:35 am

Congrats, hope you seal the deal! Smile
l_l_l
l_l_l

http://dviau.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:38 am

This is even nicer than the brand new one I was looking at for $400. I am in love...can I sleep with the fish?? lol
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:36 pm

Paid my deposit today Smile She is trading the fish that are in that tank for a co2 setup and upgraded to a 90g so she still needs it for a few days and I...well...I have been lazy and haven't shoveled my walkway the past 2 storms so there is no way this setup can be safely brought into the house. Also...I have to rearrange... Here come the "you are a BAD mom"comments lmao...I am kicking my oldest daughter out of her room and putting her in with the other 2 so I can have this tank! She is cool with it... I will be putting the rat cage, hamster cage, along with the kitchen table and end table holding the 4 current tanks. Thinking once things are moved around, I may set the 5g up as a shrimp tank.
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:26 pm

It was only a matter of time Dsc02215
Fits perfectly where I planned for it to go Smile I have 20ish g of tank water that everybody was in (between the 2 tanks) transferred into the new one and the rest is tap water. I have my Prime in and temp is almost normal. I filled this...um...final bucket went in about 7 hrs ago. Just tested all water parameters and everything is looking good...I hate to put them in when temp is ready but...THEY NEED ROOM!!!
Found 3 hitchhikers in the sand that came with the tank...MTS I believe. They are so tiny...I put them in the breeder tank...I seem some "tracks" in the sand (Really liking the sand) but can't seem to find anything at the end of the "track" lol...maybe burrowed into the sand?? Will keep an eye on this. The lady gave me 2 Golden Apple Snails also. I have one in new tank and one in 5g with guppy fry and the other new baby (will get to that in a min). The one in the 5g is female but still not sure about the other one.
So...the other new baby...
It was only a matter of time Dsc02216
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfish Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Congrats on the new tank. Boy, have got a bad case of MTS (and I don't mean the snails). Watch out or you may end up with as many tanks as Gary! affraid  And then where will the girls go? scratch

Tank looks great! Have fun filling it with fishies.
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Oh that is a nice tank. Enjoy it and congrats. See what hanging around all us fish fans has done to you. lol. We have you addicted now. Razz
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:14 am

@guppyguy... Hanging out here with you all has done more than this...I added 2 new "friend" today Smile 1 in the 12.88g and 1 in the 15g... Got a gorgeous blue/purplish male crowntail in the 12.88g and in the 15g a blue/red male halfmoon. Pics to come.
I did move the 2 red tailed blacks and Cuckoo-Loca in the new tank with 1 of the Golden Apple Snails I got yesterday. Water parameters are still good and everyone seems to have settled in. When I moved the sharks, I turned their huts upside down (still with water in) and put the shark in the hut, then I placed them in the new tank and flipped them back proper with sharks still inside. It took them about half an hour before they came back out...chased each other some and went back to their own huts. I think my plan may have worked, I hope. Yes, there was some chasing but they were both doing it back and forth...more play than anything. Now...to find someone to hire to pick and deliver pet foods/litter/shavings to me so I DO NOT ENTER the lps for a few months! lol
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:01 pm

haha well enjoy your new fish. I love the halfmoons.
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:16 pm

This is the Half Moon...fell in love...was only planning on the Crown tail Smile
It was only a matter of time Dsc02217
And this is the guy I was planning on getting. He blends in with the background of his tank so it was hard to get a pic of him Smile
It was only a matter of time Dsc02218
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Better pic of the half moon Smile
It was only a matter of time Halfmo10
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction