Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MTS wins again... new tank setup.

+3
Shell
KristaLynn
nyleveiam
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MTS wins again... new tank setup. - Page 2 Empty MTS wins again... new tank setup.

Post by nyleveiam Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

I really, really want to try the betta sorority again.  I searched my house high and low, measuring this and that, and finally realized I could put a 20 gallon in my old TV entertainment center, which right now is holding a bunch of poodle figurines.  The TV is a newer, LED one and is actually mounted on the wall OVER the entertainment center so doesn't even add weight to it.  
I will move the 20g that is in my living room over there, complete with my white clouds and loretto tetras, and I decided to get a 20L to put where that one is now.  That 20g is on a really shaky antique side table and I am getting a new poodle puppy on Saturday so I really need to get a more substantial stand for there anyway.  I priced stands and 20L tanks this weekend and was afraid I couldn't do it right now but I DO have to move that 20G off that shaky table!
Suddenly, I remembered the 29 in the kennel that had the baby Koi last Winter.  They are now way, way too big for that one and will be heading to the big pond in late August and I can use the 55g over there for the goldies.  Whew... free tank AND a great, solid REAL wrought iron stand.  It's currently some baby food processed pea color BUT I bought black paint for the back of the new 29 and never used it.  COOL!
SOO, after spending more than a week going round and round with that one, I also remembered the 29 is now EMPTY!!  Enter another ten betta girls!  I will keep them in a species only tank this time, and I actually have large, cycled sponge filters already in other tanks, just waiting for a new home.  

And, I just realized...that stand is a DOUBLE STAND!!!!  Whooo Weeee!
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

MTS wins again... new tank setup. - Page 2 Empty Re: MTS wins again... new tank setup.

Post by nyleveiam Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Photos of the rainbow fish:  
MTS wins again... new tank setup. - Page 2 Img_6111

MTS wins again... new tank setup. - Page 2 Img_6212

MTS wins again... new tank setup. - Page 2 Img_6213

And, here is the new elephant ear betta, The ammonia strip test in his nasty container was 6.0!!!!!:
MTS wins again... new tank setup. - Page 2 Img_6112

And, displaced Bert:
MTS wins again... new tank setup. - Page 2 Img_6214

Finally, a new girl with a torn fin (it was there before I put them together!):
MTS wins again... new tank setup. - Page 2 Img_6215
This one was labeled as a female veiltail... NOPE, he is a MALE double tail.  Fortunately the White Clouds said he could go with them!
MTS wins again... new tank setup. - Page 2 Img_6216
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

MTS wins again... new tank setup. - Page 2 Empty Re: MTS wins again... new tank setup.

Post by Biulu Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Nice new fish! I love the rainbows too. Personally though I wouldn't add any boesemani to this tank. They get pretty big and there will not be much space left for them to swim as a shoal.
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by nyleveiam Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:14 pm

I just checked on aquadvisor... if I add three more blue and three more dwarf I am at 106%... that will be PLENTY!!!!
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KristaLynn Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:21 am

Love rainbows!! And your last picture of the black with blue betta!
KristaLynn
KristaLynn
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2