Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.


Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by Sbenson11 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:43 pm

It's no secret I like big fish,

I have also mentioned that the Holly Grail for me would be a Black Tip Reef Shark. Well it's not often you see this.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-livestock/city-of-toronto/22-black-tip-reef-shark/1004651578?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Oh to have a tank big enough, not to mention $2,000 to spare.

Steve
avatar
Sbenson11
Support

Posts : 2580
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Mt.Pearl, Newfoundland

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by guppyguy on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:46 pm

Just wow is all I can say to that.

_________________
Rare Livebearer and Planted Tank Hobbyist  Cool
avatar
guppyguy
Moderator

Posts : 2165
Join date : 2014-01-24
Location : Wheatley, ON

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by CAAIndie on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:21 am

What did the Mrs. say? Haha. Are you going to open Steve's snail and shark aquarium of Newfoundland? I'd check that out.

_________________

Canadaquaria Administrator
www.Canadaquaria.ca
avatar
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2850
Join date : 2013-09-06

http://www.Canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by goldfishbetalover on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:04 am

wowzers!!!!!!
avatar
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Posts : 1114
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by Sbenson11 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:16 am

Well,

Ahhhh,


Curiosity got the better of me and I send him an email. Shocked 

It is currently living in a 300gal tank which is way to small. He is moving and needs to sell the shark. I could put it in the 1200gal tank that I put my pond fish in for few months. However it would still need something much bigger and preferably round. I have to go to Toronto in a couple of weeks for a meeting and I could pick it up then.

Going to think about it over the weekend.

She's going to kill me, no really she's going to kill me this time for sure.

Steve
avatar
Sbenson11
Support

Posts : 2580
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Mt.Pearl, Newfoundland

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by goldfishbetalover on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:20 am

oh no
thinking of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hee hee
avatar
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Posts : 1114
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by alexmtl on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:25 am

Hi Steve

What a great idea !!! I'm with you on this one. I would love a shark. I've always wanted to have one. What a dream come true. They are so hard to find and really who has a real bonified shark. Definitely go to Toronto and buy it on the spot !!!

$2000 is cheap ! If you think about it to bring one in these days would cost a lot more. I do think you could get him down to less than $1000 because he has to sell it !

BTW : The above comments do not hold me responsible for any damages which might occur to your portion of the divorce settlement, nor, though not restricted to, bodily harm resulting from your demise.
avatar
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Posts : 3069
Join date : 2013-09-07
Location : Montreal Quebec

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by Sbenson11 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:38 am

Thanks Alex, but I was really hoping for more comments like "Are you insane?" "Have you gone completely mad"

$2000 is cheap, I have see similar size ones for more then twice that. Not to mention this is in Canada, which makes it so much easier.

Been thinking about little else since yesterday, not sure what I should do at this point.

I know I could provide this animal with a great home. However it will mean a serious financial commitment to construct a permanent home for it. I may never get this opportunity again, so I am going to really have to think this through.

Steve
avatar
Sbenson11
Support

Posts : 2580
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Mt.Pearl, Newfoundland

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by goldfishbetalover on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:47 am

well then are you insane?
have you gone completely mad?
there!!!!!!!!
avatar
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Posts : 1114
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by alexmtl on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:52 am

Sbenson11 wrote:Thanks Alex, but I was really hoping for more comments like "Are you insane?" "Have you gone completely mad"

$2000 is cheap, I have see similar size ones for more then twice that. Not to mention this is in Canada, which makes it so much easier.

Been thinking about little else since yesterday, not sure what I should do at this point.

I know I could provide this animal with a great home. However it will mean a serious financial commitment to construct a permanent home for it. I may never get this opportunity again, so I am going to really have to think this through.

Steve

Don't worry Steve
Go for it !!!

I'm sure we'll all contribute to your funeral great cause !!

Either way, we're there for you !! (Funeral or when you get what's coming)
avatar
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Posts : 3069
Join date : 2013-09-07
Location : Montreal Quebec

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by Sbenson11 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Well after much pondering, research, bouncing emails back and forth and ultimately floating the idea by my dear wife I have decided this is not the time for me to pursue this Shark.

Really it was my wife that brought me back to my senses with points like,

You have a half finished salt water tank in the basement.

You need a bigger pond for all my Koi.

not to mention the tanks I am planning for isolating my breading stock.

So where was i going to find the time to build a tank for this shark. Not to mention where would I find the funds in my already stretched fish budget to pay for such a tank and the shark it self.

So unfortunately I have to let this one get away, with the hopes that someday a similar opportunity will come my way.

Steve
avatar
Sbenson11
Support

Posts : 2580
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Mt.Pearl, Newfoundland

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by alexmtl on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Darn
 Crying or Very sad 

avatar
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Posts : 3069
Join date : 2013-09-07
Location : Montreal Quebec

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by Starfish on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:39 pm

I Googled black tip shark and found a site that sells them for $950 (with a lot warnings about size and requirements). I am sure when you are ready, there will be something out there for you.
avatar
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Southampton, Ontario

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by goldfishbetalover on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:04 am

Sbenson11 wrote:Well after much pondering, research, bouncing emails back and forth and ultimately floating the idea by my dear wife I have decided this is not the time for me to pursue this Shark.

Really it was my wife that brought me back to my senses with points like,

You have a half finished salt water tank in the basement.

You need a bigger pond for all my Koi.

not to mention the tanks I am planning for isolating my breading stock.

So where was i going to find the time to build a tank for this shark. Not to mention where would I find the funds in my already stretched fish budget to pay for such a tank and the shark it self.

So unfortunately I have to let this one get away, with the hopes that someday a similar opportunity will come my way.

Steve
put it on the DREAM list!!!!
avatar
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Posts : 1114
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by l_l_l on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:16 am

Well, I agree with your wife.
This fish needs a VERY Large tank and the budget needed to keep this fish would probably be as large.
Maybe one other day you will be able to raise one from very small to huge!


_________________
Check out my facebook page or website (or even better, BOTH!)
DViau Aquascaping on facebook
www.dviau.com
avatar
l_l_l
Moderator

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2014-03-08
Location : Montreal, QC

http://dviau.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by KristaLynn on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:30 pm

I think you should go for it. Nothing like working under pressure to make you see what you can really do!! (Haha this could be why I'm single).
avatar
KristaLynn
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Posts : 386
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Saskatchewan

Back to top Go down

Re: Honey, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

Post by goldfishbetalover on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:46 pm

KristaLynn wrote: I think you should go for it.  Nothing like working under pressure to make you see what you can really do!!  (Haha this could be why I'm single).
I Love your attitude!!!!
COOL!!!!!!
avatar
goldfishbetalover
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Posts : 1114
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum