Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian DOMESTIC and WILD Livebearer Registry

Go down

Canadian DOMESTIC and WILD Livebearer Registry Empty Canadian DOMESTIC and WILD Livebearer Registry

Post by alexmtl Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:13 pm

LIVEBEARER REGISTRY TO BE UPDATED July 2014 to August 2014

Attention Livebearer Keepers : Domestic and Wild type Livebearers

Canadaquaria will be updating the Livebearer Registry beginning in July. This will include DOMESTIC Livebearers (show and fancy guppies, mollies, swordtails and platies) and WILD Livebearers (rare and sourced from wild).

If you keep a colony or group of livebearers, it would be great to be able to include your species / strain on the Registry. This is a national database to encourage the distribution and maintenance of strains and rare populations. Whether you keep livebearers for ornamental purposes (ie they look nice), species preservation (ie CARES, Redlist species) or breeder award programs, this registry will assist other hobbyists in learning about the care and habits of these strains. Be part of the next registry ! PM me with your list and I will include in the 2014 UPDATE !

Here is a sample list of classifications :

Domestic and Fancy :
Guppies
Endlers
Swordtails
Platies
Mollies

Wild Type:
Heterandria,Girardinus, Gambusia, Cnesterodontini, Poeciliini, Scolichthyini, Xenodexiini, Tomeurini
Goodieds

Send me an mail to include your species on this list !
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down