Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish related dreams.

+8
Fores41
nyleveiam
guppyguy
Orlon11
Shell
alexmtl
Starfish
l_l_l
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fish related dreams. Empty Fish related dreams.

Post by l_l_l Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:55 am

As fishkeeping is a big part of our lives, we are bound to make a few dreams about our hobby, whether it be a bad dream or a good one..

I woke up and remembered one.
I'm not sure if it was a dream about a tank I already have or a imaginary tank.. I don't remember all the fishes I had in there nor the size of the aquarium but what I remember is that I had a few fancy Guppies in there and they were really stunning. They had a smaller tail than what we are used to see in fish stores but had about the same coloration.. It was just a bit better looking tho, lots of metallic and iridescent to them. They were a few fries as well and I thought it was cute. Made me want to have a small colony lol.

Have you ever had such dreams? If so what is your wildest fish related dream? Smile
l_l_l
l_l_l

http://dviau.com

Back to top Go down

Fish related dreams. Empty Re: Fish related dreams.

Post by Starfish Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:23 am

I have had many fish dreams. The most common is where the fish are swimming around in the air, and I am trying to catch them to put them back in the tank, but wait.... they are perfectly fine swimming in the air.

I have had dreams where the water level in the tanks was down to only a couple of inches, or the water was so dirty you could not see the fish.  Embarassed 

In one dream, I actually had a fish room full of tanks (yes I know some of you actually have that for real  Smile ), some of which had majorly monster fish in them that they could barely swim.
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:32 am

l_l_l wrote:I had a few fancy Guppies in there and they were really stunning. They had a smaller tail than what we are used to see in fish stores but had about the same coloration.. It was just a bit better looking tho, lots of metallic and iridescent to them. They were a few fries as well and I thought it was cute. Made me want to have a small colony lol.

Sounds like Endlers as they are smaller, irridescent and metallic. If you want some you can have some pairs FF. Hope the dream comes true...
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:40 am

Definately. After a long day, I usually putter around the aquariums. I think about the next fish acquisition, starting by searching on the iPad and then trying to figure out how I can get them.

The dream ? Well for the Phallichthys quadripunctatus I had mental images of a fish like P fairweatherii. They are an entirely different fish however. I often pondered what they would be like in the tank and the glow of having a small colony ...

As a commercial diver I spent a lot of time underwater. (emphasis on a lot). I had so much decompression time that I spent literally hours sleeping waiting to off gas. In Florida I would watch the fish swimming outside of the cave entrance, in the St Laurence, I would hope I would not get taken out by a shark or a large fish because of the turbid water, in the Caribbean just watching a small square foot of life, was the dream. I rode on the back of a large sea turtle once, and have punched curious sharks as they came in to determine whether I was food. The alligators, well at night they look like logs as you look up from the bottom of the swamp.

My dreams are memories of a lifetime of water. It is hard to describe but vivid in my mind.
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by l_l_l Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:06 am

Very interesting read!
It's fun to see what other people may dream and I think it has to do with subconscious things we'd love to do, or cope with stressful events..

My girlfriend had one last week, even if she is not directly involved in the hobby..
She dreamt that one of the cory cats I have jumped in her mouth and started cleaning her teeth!
:O

On a side note, Alex, what kind of endler are we speaking of ? Embarassed 
l_l_l
l_l_l

http://dviau.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Well, I'm not sure if I should be telling this one - but, hey, we are talking about dreams, right?! Just don't judge my sanity....too much!  Razz

I was at the lfs awhile back and it was betta shipment day. Most awful thing I have ever seen - each betta in an individual air-filled plastic bag just big enough for their bodies. I was horrified watching them take them out, while dumping the 'dead bodies' that didn't make it (due to the bag bursting open) into a bucket. 

A few days later, I had a dream that we picked up a betta fish from the shop, but he was still in that tiny air-filled baggy. We somehow forgot to take him out of the baggy and put him into a tank, and instead, put the baggy into the dresser drawer (yup - I know, odd). Anyhow, it gets worse, I woke up (well, kind of woke up), got out of bed, and proceeded to pull clothing from the dresser drawer. Hubby asked what I was doing, and I frantically told him I was trying to find the betta fish! He turned on the lights and told me that we do not have a betta fish in the drawer, after which I sat on the bed feeling confused and extremely stupid!!!!!!

There - top that nutty dream!!!! (although, I do like the idea of fish flying through the air...I'll probably have that dream next and hubby will catch me jumping up and down on the bed grasping to retrieve all of the invisible fish!!!)
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:30 pm

l_l_l wrote:On a side note, Alex, what kind of endler are we speaking of ? Embarassed 

You are welcome to some Class N Endlers, Orchid strain. I got them from AdrianHD last spring. Google and you will see the pics. They are pure bred so best not to mix with other Endlers or hybrids.
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orlon11 Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:38 pm

When I was a kid a had a 20-gallon in my room with an enormous pleco in it (yes I realize now that the tank was too small...). I once had a dream where I had shrunk down to about the size of a guppy and I was scuba diving in the tank - and then the pleco lunged out of the shadows and came after me!

Wink it was very scary at the time...Maybe it was the poor fish subconsciously trying to tell me to get it a bigger tank, already!
Orlon11
Orlon11
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:11 pm

All of these dreams were quite interesting to read and some made me laugh. Dreams often never make sense but there is always something in your day to day life that brings about the things we dream about.  Wink 
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by nyleveiam Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Hmmm, I haven't had any fish dreams yet, but I am afraid they would be nightmares!
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfish Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:41 am

Well Steve, your fish are haunting me.  Shocked  The other night I had a dream that I was at your place (never been there so how did I know it was your place? scratch ) Anyway, I had one of my kids with me (not sure which one) and we were looking at your koi and goldfish. They were in a large "pond" that looked like an in-ground swimming pool. We were searching for Tigger amongst all the the orange and white fish. Finally I spotted a large fat beast and told my son/daughter, "That must be him". Then the dream ended. Not sure if I woke up or my mind just moved off to some other thoughts.
So even though I have never met Tigger, he seems to have left an impression! Green Fish
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 am

Starfish wrote:"That must be him".

You mean you saw Steve swimming in the pond ??? ... Mental image
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfish Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:22 pm

alexmtl wrote:
Starfish wrote:"That must be him".

You mean you saw Steve swimming in the pond ???  ... Mental image

lol! Could be. Since I don't really know what Steve looks like.  I have heard that some pet owners can start developing similarities to their pets. Steve, have you grown any fins yet, or dyed your hair orange and white? Wink
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fores41 Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm

I must admit I cannot remember any fish dreams alas unless it was out fishing with a rod and reel vague memory. This has been a good read though and did laugh thank you.
Fores41
Fores41
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nyleveiam Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:43 pm

This is almost as good as the Humor, Joke for the day!!! Especially visualizing Steve swimming with his koi!!!
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Oh wow i think someone needs some professional help Smile besides me that is.

There are times when I could use a good laugh and this was very timely I must say.

Actually Steve can't swim, not even to save my life. I am an avid boater but would drown 10' feet from the wharf. Actually that's not entirely true, I never remove my PFD until I am back on the wharf.

Yes i actually dye my hair, whenever the wife says she wants a younger man I dye my hair, but only it's original black.

Tigger says Hi.

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by nyleveiam Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:14 pm

I am still laughing and laughing... now I also have to envision a HUGE blaze orange life vest bobbing along with the blaze orange koi!!! OMG!!!!!
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 pm

nyleveiam wrote:I am still laughing and laughing... now I also have to envision a HUGE blaze orange life vest bobbing along with the blaze orange koi!!!  OMG!!!!!

You just can't erase a mental image like that. Smile

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by nyleveiam Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Sbenson11 wrote:
nyleveiam wrote:I am still laughing and laughing... now I also have to envision a HUGE blaze orange life vest bobbing along with the blaze orange koi!!!  OMG!!!!!

You just can't erase a mental image like that. Smile

Steve

Yes, especially with the new addition of the black hair, hehehe!
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfish Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Yes, a blaze orange vest, black hair, white skin?, or maybe white shirt.... sounds like prize winning koi to me.
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:47 pm

Well now that we have gone down this slippery slope and all sense of common decency has gone out the window.

Let me throw this out there,

I am getting a tatoo Shocked

The artist has over a year waiting list so it will be sometime yet, but I am getting a tattoo on the back of my shoulder of you guess it Tigger (the Koi not the Disney character)

Call it a mid life crisis if you will but I have always considered get a tattoo just never done it.

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by nyleveiam Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:52 pm

Sbenson11 wrote:Well now that we have gone down this slippery slope and all sense of common decency has gone out the window.

The artist has over a year waiting list so it will be sometime yet, but I am getting a tattoo on the back of my shoulder of you guess it Tigger (the Koi not the Disney character)

Call it a mid life crisis if you will but I have always considered get a tattoo just never done it.

Steve

OMG, it gets bigger and brighter all the time.

Starfish, don't ya think we should at least give him a tanned face???? You know, outdoors all the time with the fish and plants???
nyleveiam
nyleveiam
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfish Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:08 pm

nyleveiam wrote:
Sbenson11 wrote:Well now that we have gone down this slippery slope and all sense of common decency has gone out the window.

Steve

OMG, it gets bigger and brighter all the time.

Starfish, don't ya think we should at least give him a tanned face????  You know, outdoors all the time with the fish and plants???

We could, but that might lower his value as I don't know if it is a proper koi colour.
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Steve

I hope you are going to photo document the whole thing... What a Face
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

https://www.canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Well early this morning just before I woke up...I had a little dream...@fish lady...your plecos managed to breed...even though I have them in separate tanks and rooms!!! Yep...I dreamed that somehow her BN's bred on me!!! I think it's cause they have spawned 3 times for the previous owner and when I went to pick them up I was looking at one of her tanks and asked her what the baby was swimming in the tank...we got checking and they had left her boat cave full of newly hatched BN fry so I put them separate so they can't leave me with any...maybe I shall wake in the morning to the meeting up in the hall! lol
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next